One day there may be a single method for the early detection of breast cancer. Until then, using a combination of methods will increase your chances of detecting cancer in an early stage. These methods include :
breast thermography screening for women of all ages.
- Mammography, when considered appropriate for women who are aged 50 or older.
- A regular breast examination by a health professional.
- Monthly breast self-examination.
- Personal awareness for changes in the breasts.
- Readiness to discuss quickly any such changes with a doctor.
These guidelines should be considered along with your background and medical history.